Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So Many Tears

Psalm 80:5
You have fed them with the bread of tears and given them tears to drink in full measure.

Psalm 56:8
You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?

The great old theologian, Matthew Henry wrote of this verse, "God has a bottle and a book for his people's tears, both those for their sins and those for their afflictions. He observes them with compassion and tender concern; he is afflicted in their afflictions, and knows their souls in adversity...God will not forget the sorrows of his people. God will comfort his people according to the time wherein he has afflicted them, and give to those to reap in joy who sowed in tears. What was sown a tear will come up a pearl."


We need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts.
Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that certainly was a beautiful thing for me to read. Thanks for always sharing.

Friends in Christ
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Big hugs my friend. I know it hurts for everyone. I'll buy you a crate of tissues and listen to the stories until we get horse from talking. Talking about it is comforting isn't it? It would be for me. I would want to keep my sons in the middle of everything--every day.

Jeri said...

It's always so nice to read your blog. Thanks for sharing with us.

Love you,
Jeri