Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Comfort in Nature

Florida has more than its share of natural beauty. It comforts our hearts to be enveloped by it. We have turned to nature over and over again this past heartbroken year as a place to find quiet and hope.
Here, pastel shells blanket the beach and crunch under our feet--can you find our toes?

A radiant hibiscus smiles at us, caring not whether the sun shines or hides... it's got its own plans.

Billowy cloud puffs on a silky blue sky you could stare at for hours. God is up there. Heaven is up there. Joey is up there. At least that's the way it seems from my little human perspective.

And this too: Shark's teeth in their most pleasant form-- disconnected from the shark.
Nature provides a particular kind of comfort that nothing else can match. It speaks transcendance. God's creative power is bigger than this season of suffering. He cannot be contained and will once again burst forth to create a shining new world for us.
I can feel it.
Someday, somewhere, something, if possible, even more beautiful.
Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right and I do appreciate the beauty around us--the beach is pure bliss. I have yet to find a shark's tooth but do find quite a bit of sea glass. I'd love to go to Maine and find some really big pieces.

I share your theory about God and all our loved ones being up there waiting on us.

Anonymous said...

Someday, somewhere, for sure, we do feel it. I found comfort in coming to your blog this afternoon.
Love Sharon