Friday, May 14, 2010

Farewell Memorial

On our last night on Maui, we sat out by our sea wall with Craig and Kathy for our final sunset. This is Joey's memorial spot. His ashes were scattered in these waters and we placed flowers out by this wall for many months after he went to Heaven.
It was hard for me to even walk out there, but I had to say goodbye again to this place that so reverberates with his spirit.

Craig and Kathy brought these flowers and Joey's memorial brochure. We read the story of his beautiful life one more time.

Missing our son.
This view always gives me hope...
The Creator of all this beauty has conquered death and He tells us there is a new world coming where there will be no more tears. We're all waiting for that great day. Till then, we wait patiently and trust in God's goodness and love.

John 14:2,3
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your sadness and love seeing you in Joe's arms! Take care my dear friends. Love Sharon

Pam said...

It has to be difficult to visit a place so beautiful and yet so painful at the same time. Very sweet to have flowers at his memorial spot.

Hugs to you.
~kay

Gberger said...

What a beautiful, powerful post. I can imagine the comfort, yet the strain, of that particular, beloved spot, and all of the memories that are now embedded in it. What a perfect place for a memorial.

Thank you for inviting us into this sacred space. Many hugs to you from this saltwater spot, also strewn with precious ashes.