Sunday, May 03, 2009

What Remains

Buddy and Mike Lauer with Joe, this morning in Maui.
Joe sent this when he woke up. I like the looks in their eyes. Vulnerability. Tenderness. Peace. These three have shed a lot of tears this week. They've mourned together and they've needed each other. It's been a very emotional week of farewells to Kit, their beloved Brother, Uncle and Friend. His presence is so deeply missed. They hold on to each other as brothers for comfort.
We love you, Kit. We love you Buddy and Mike and Joe.
Now remain these three: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I Cor 13:13
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

michaelandciara said...

Hi Karen,
When your post came up, I was just looking into each of these guys eyes, even before I read what you had written. I was thinking the exact same thing!
I just love reading your post about Uncle Kit, I probably read them at least a dozen times. You do such a beautiful job capturing the essence.
We were able to give Joe a big hug on Thurs.
Miss you, love you,
ciara

Maisha Bonnie said...

These are three of my favorite men in the world!! I have the deepest respect for them and they all have a place in my heart.
big, big hugs to you, sweet and beautiful Karen. I love you.

Unknown said...

What a picture of hope. Thanks guys.

Love,

Mele