Monday, January 18, 2010

Mystery Solved


Leave it to Liza to figure this one out! She's a smarty-pants straight A student! Thanks, Liza! Even my geophysics Ph.d. brother-in-law, Uncle Don, will be super-impressed by this! We've all learned something new...


Here's what Liza said:


Karen,

I posted the link to twitter and here's what a Twitter friend sent me:It's called "Ice Spikes" http://www.physics.utoronto.ca/~smorris/edl/icespikes/icespikes.html


If the link won't work here, cut and paste that whole link address on your URL box, or google Ice spikes :)

Sending you some warm sunshine from Maui .... :)

Liza

7 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

I think a frozen shark makes a lot more sense.

Anonymous said...

Well, you learn something new every
day. I kind of liked the mystery.
Even so it is a very cool picture.
Love Sharon

Gberger said...

What a fun lesson! Thank you for solving the mystery.
But I agree with GG: I liked thinking "SHARK!" really loud, in my mind, while wondering what it was. =)

A Maui Blog said...

What I am wondering is what those Chinese (or Japanese) characters on that "mystery post"' comment was. Now that's another mystery to solve :)

Gannet Girl, I like the frozen shark idea too :)

Anonymous said...

Now to get Dr. Don to turn that into an AWANA council time talk - that would be way cooooooool.

vi

Lori Ignacio said...

I still like my idea of God "waving hi"! hehe ;)

Anna/Flowergardengirl™ said...

Yea, well I still think it creeps me out.