Sunday, September 06, 2009

My Tattoo






















This is an enlargement of the tattoo on my right interior forearm. I'm not a tattoo girl, and neither are my daughters, but the loss of Joey changed all of that. It seemed to be another imperative and we have no regrets.


The symbolism isn't complicated: my son flew away to heaven... and my heart with him. I love that I can cross this arm with the tattoo over my heart.


I love you, Joey, and I miss you every moment.


Put me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death...
Song of Solomon 8:6

5 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

Love it, and its placement.

Gberger said...

A beautiful tattoo, and the symbolism is perfect. I also appreciate the verse at the end of the post.
The photo of Joey surfing at the top of your blog takes my breath away. It's SO full of life-energy and the beautiful power of nature. It is crystal-clear and shows Joey free, strong, and in harmony with his environment. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the close up of your tattoo. I feel your pain, it just does not get easier. I want so much for that and it is not to come. I thank God for where they are at but humbly drop to my knees at the pain of it all. This mornings sermon was about suffering
I guess I knew all along that He had given us a life of everything wonderful. I am sure He thought we were strong enough and inside I am by His word and grace.
Loving you guys
Nick and Sharon

Anonymous said...

I love every bit of you for being such a lovely person both inside and out. This act of remembrance for Joey is just another beautiful attribute to your personality. Big hugs!

James said...

Great tattoo. Even greater message.

Thank you for being such an encouragement!