Sunday, March 15, 2009

HIM Conference Inspires

Roughly 4000 people from every island in Hawaii attended the 3-day HIM Conference. I don't think I've missed one since I moved here 15 years ago. The speakers are the best in the world, and their messages of faith, hope and love, like a power-packed Christian multi-vitamin, always buzz me into action for another year. This year it was a source of tremendous comfort. The HIM Conference centers me in my faith, focuses me on where my purpose is now, encourages me with my future up ahead, and sifts out the useless and distracting from my daily life. For me, it's a good time with God and His people, a little foretaste of Heaven. I always come back strengthened. This time I heard the whisper of God in my ears, "Just trust Me".
HIM crowds at the Honolulu Convention Center

Nick Vujicic
The Highlight of the HIM Conference
Nick Vujicic, 26-year old Australian, born without limbs and with one tiny little chicken foot that he uses to move himself, is perhaps the most inspirational speaker I have ever heard. You can find him on youtube or you can borrow my dvd which I purchased at the conference. If you EVER get the chance to hear him in person, it will change your life. He's a gifted speaker, very funny, and very encouraging about life's greater purpose. It will help anyone, anywhere, no matter their life circumstances.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Prov 3:5,6

5 comments:

Maisha Bonnie said...

soo glad you guys are getting so much out of the conference...awesome!! :)
I think that Nick Vujicic is amazing! I'd love to hear him in person.
love you guys.
Maisha

Liza on Maui said...

I had seen one of his Youtube videos before but I searched and watched it again after I read this post.

What an amazing testimony of God's love and grace, and power to get us through no matter what we are going through or went through.

Thanks for sharing about him here on your blog. I am sure many others would be encouraged.

Jeri said...

Wow, amazing! Thanks for sharing about Nick. Happy to hear the good report of the conference.

Love you,
Jeri

Anonymous said...

I've seen Nick on YouTube and most recently on the local TV news. He's incredible. So glad you got to go again to that conference. I hope you and Joe continue to go to it for many more years!
Bill

Nate Davis said...

nick spoke at a chapel at apu last year, and i do agree, he is quite hilarious. he brought someone up on stage and asked them to shake his hand. the look on the girls face was priceless...