Sunday, December 11, 2011

Andrea Bocelli Sings "Time to Say Goodbye"




Lyrics translated:


When you are far away


I dream of the horizon

and words fail,

and, yes, I know

that you are with me;

you, my moon, are here with me,

my sun, you are here with me

with me, with me, with me.





Time to say goodbye. -- I'll go with you

to countries I never

saw and shared with you,

now, yes, I shall experience them.

I'll go with you

on ships across seas

which, I know,

no, no, exist no longer,

with you I shall experience them again.


I'll go with you.



I watched the "Andrea Bocelli in Central Park" PBS special tonight. Wept my way through this song--a mother's song. It filled me with sorrow, longing and hope for the world to come.
Hope this comforts some other mothers who are missing their beautiful children this Christmas, and for anyone missing someone essential...may God comfort each of you.

2 comments:

Gberger said...

...and you, my dear friend. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

This, this was so touching and moving. I sometimes just sob uncontrollably and this one did it. XOXO Sharon